- 1. liver, internal organ, viscus
- usage: large and complicated reddish-brown glandular organ located in the upper right portion of the abdominal cavity; secretes bile and functions in metabolism of protein and carbohydrate and fat; synthesizes substances involved in the clotting of the blood; synthesizes vitamin A; detoxifies poisonous substances and breaks down worn-out erythrocytes
- 2. liver, variety meat, organs
- usage: liver of an animal used as meat
- 3. liver, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who has a special life style; "a high liver"
- 4. liver, inhabitant, habitant, dweller, denizen, indweller
- usage: someone who lives in a place; "a liver in cities"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. liver-colored, liver, colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful
- usage: having a reddish-brown color
All rights reserved.
See also: liver (Dictionary)