WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. liner, line drive, fly, fly ball
- usage: (baseball) a hit that flies straight out from the batter; "the batter hit a liner to the shortstop"
- 2. lining, liner, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: a protective covering that protects an inside surface
- 3. liner, lining, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a piece of cloth that is used as the inside surface of a garment
- 4. liner, ocean liner, passenger ship
- usage: a large commercial ship (especially one that carries passengers on a regular schedule)
All rights reserved.
See also: liner (Dictionary)