WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. autonomy, liberty, independence, independency
- usage: immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority: political independence
- 2. liberty, freedom
- usage: freedom of choice; "liberty of opinion"; "liberty of worship"; "liberty--perfect liberty--to think or feel or do just as one pleases"; "at liberty to choose whatever occupation one wishes"
- 3. liberty, freedom
- usage: personal freedom from servitude or confinement or oppression
- 4. shore leave, liberty, leave, leave of absence
- usage: leave granted to a sailor or naval officer
- 5. familiarity, impropriety, indecorum, liberty, misbehavior, misbehaviour, misdeed
- usage: an act of undue intimacy
All rights reserved.
See also: liberty (Dictionary)