Synonyms of lent
- 1. Lent, Lententide, season
- usage: a period of 40 weekdays from Ash Wednesday to Holy Saturday
- 1. lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring, change, alter, modify
- usage: bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- 2. lend, loan, give
- usage: give temporarily; let have for a limited time; "I will lend you my car"; "loan me some money"
- 3. lend, be
- usage: have certain characteristics of qualities for something; be open or vulnerable to; "This story would lend itself well to serialization on television"; "The current system lends itself to great abuse"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of lent (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.