Synonyms of lecturing
- 1. lecture, lecturing, teaching, instruction, pedagogy
- usage: teaching by giving a discourse on some subject (typically to a class)
- 1. lecture, talk, teach, learn, instruct
- usage: deliver a lecture or talk; "She will talk at Rutgers next week"; "Did you ever lecture at Harvard?"
- 2. call on the carpet, take to task, rebuke, rag, trounce, reproof, lecture, reprimand, jaw, dress down, call down, scold, chide, berate, bawl out, remonstrate, chew out, chew up, have words, lambaste, lambast, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: censure severely or angrily; "The mother scolded the child for entering a stranger's car"; "The deputy ragged the Prime Minister"; "The customer dressed down the waiter for bringing cold soup"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.