- 1. lease, rental, letting, property, belongings, holding
- usage: property that is leased or rented out or let
- 2. lease, contract
- usage: a contract granting use or occupation of property during a specified time for a specified payment
- 3. lease, term of a contract, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period of time during which a contract conveying property to a person is in effect
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rent, lease, contract, undertake
- usage: let for money; "We rented our apartment to friends while we were abroad"
- 2. rent, hire, charter, lease, contract, undertake
- usage: hold under a lease or rental agreement; of goods and services
- 3. lease, let, rent, give
- usage: grant use or occupation of under a term of contract; "I am leasing my country estate to some foreigners"
- 4. lease, rent, hire, charter, engage, take, get, acquire
- usage: engage for service under a term of contract; "We took an apartment on a quiet street"; "Let's rent a car"; "Shall we take a guide in Rome?"
All rights reserved.
See also: lease (Dictionary)