Synonyms of leak
- 1. leak, hole
- usage: an accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape; "one of the tires developed a leak"
- 2. leak, soft rot
- usage: soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi
- 3. leak, wetting, making water, passing water, micturition, urination
- usage: a euphemism for urination; "he had to take a leak"
- 4. escape, leak, leakage, outflow, discharge, outpouring, run
- usage: the discharge of a fluid from some container; "they tried to stop the escape of gas from the damaged pipe"; "he had to clean up the leak"
- 5. leak, news leak, disclosure, revelation, revealing
- usage: unauthorized (especially deliberate) disclosure of confidential information
- 1. leak, unwrap, disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, expose, divulge, break, give away, let out
- usage: tell anonymously; "The news were leaked to the paper"
- 2. leak, leak out, break, get out, get around
- usage: be leaked; "The news leaked out despite his secrecy"
- 3. leak, issue, emerge, come out, come forth, go forth, egress
- usage: enter or escape as through a hole or crack or fissure; "Water leaked out of the can into the backpack"; "Gas leaked into the basement"
- 4. leak
- usage: have an opening that allows light or substances to enter or go out; "The container leaked gasoline"; "the roof leaks badly"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of leak (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.