WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lawful (vs. unlawful), law-abiding, observant, legal, straight#6, square
- usage: conformable to or allowed by law; "lawful methods of dissent"
- 2. lawful, rule-governed, regular (vs. irregular)
- usage: according to custom or rule or natural law
- 3. true(prenominal), lawful, rightful(prenominal), legitimate (vs. illegitimate)
- usage: having a legally established claim; "the legitimate heir"; "the true and lawful king"
- 4. lawful, legitimate, licit, legal (vs. illegal)
- usage: authorized, sanctioned by, or in accordance with law; "a legitimate government"
All rights reserved.
See also: lawful (Dictionary)