- 1. isolate, insulate, discriminate, separate, single out
- usage: place or set apart; "They isolated the political prisoners from the other inmates"
- 2. isolate, get, acquire
- usage: obtain in pure form; "The chemist managed to isolate the compound"
- 3. sequester, sequestrate, keep apart, set apart, isolate, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: set apart from others; "The dentist sequesters the tooth he is working on"
- 4. isolate, classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate
- usage: separate (experiences) from the emotions relating to them
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. isolating(prenominal), analytic (vs. synthetic), uninflected
- usage: relating to or being a language in which each word typically expresses a distinct idea and part of speech and syntactical relations are determined almost exclusively by word order and particles
All rights reserved.
See also: isolating (Dictionary)