Synonyms of irritation
- 1. irritation, annoyance, vexation, botheration, psychological state, psychological condition, mental state, mental condition
- usage: the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed
- 2. pique, temper, irritation, annoyance, chafe, vexation
- usage: a sudden outburst of anger; "his temper sparked like damp firewood"
- 3. irritation, abnormality, abnormalcy, sensitization, sensitisation
- usage: (pathology) abnormal sensitivity to stimulation; "any food produced irritation of the stomach"
- 4. excitation, innervation, irritation, arousal
- usage: the neural or electrical arousal of an organ or muscle or gland
- 5. discomfort, soreness, irritation, suffering, hurt
- usage: an uncomfortable feeling of mental painfulness or distress
- 6. aggravation, irritation, provocation, aggression
- usage: unfriendly behavior that causes anger or resentment
- 7. annoyance, annoying, irritation, vexation, mistreatment
- usage: the act of troubling or annoying someone
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of irritation (Dictionary)