WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rose chestnut, ironwood, ironwood tree, Mesua ferrea, tree
- usage: handsome East Indian evergreen tree often planted as an ornamental for its fragrant white flowers that yield a perfume; source of very heavy hardwood used for railroad ties
- 2. ironwood, wood
- usage: exceptionally tough or hard wood of any of a number of ironwood trees
- 3. iron tree, iron-tree, ironwood, ironwood tree, angiospermous tree, flowering tree
- usage: a small slow-growing deciduous tree of northern Iran having a low domed shape
- 4. Eastern hop hornbeam, ironwood, ironwood tree, Ostrya virginiana, hop hornbeam
- usage: medium-sized hop hornbeam of eastern North America
All rights reserved.
See also: ironwood (Dictionary)