Synonyms of inviting
- 1. invite, ask for, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: increase the likelihood of; "ask for trouble"; "invite criticism"
- 2. invite, ask over, ask round, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: invite someone to one's house; "Can I invite you for dinner on Sunday night?"
- 3. tempt, invite, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: give rise to a desire by being attractive or inviting; "the window displays tempted the shoppers"
- 4. invite, bid, request
- usage: ask someone in a friendly way to do something
- 5. invite, pay for, interact
- usage: have as a guest; "I invited them to a restaurant"
- 6. invite, ask in, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: ask to enter; "We invited the neighbors in for a cup of coffee"
- 7. invite, call for, request, bespeak, call for, quest
- usage: request the participation or presence of; "The organizers invite submissions of papers for the conference"
- 8. receive, take in, invite
- usage: express willingness to have in one's home or environs; "The community warmly received the refugees"
- 1. inviting (vs. uninviting), invitatory, tantalizing, tantalising, tempting, tantalizing, tantalising, attractive
- usage: attractive and tempting; "an inviting offer"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of inviting (Dictionary)