WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inviolable (vs. violable), unassailable, untouchable
- usage: incapable of being transgressed or dishonored; "the person of the king is inviolable"; "an inviolable oath"
- 2. impregnable, inviolable, secure, strong, unassailable, unattackable, invulnerable (vs. vulnerable)
- usage: immune to attack; incapable of being tampered with; "an impregnable fortress"; "fortifications that made the frontier inviolable"; "a secure telephone connection"
- 3. inviolable, inviolate, sacrosanct, sacred (vs. profane)
- usage: must be kept sacred
- 4. absolute, infrangible, inviolable, inalienable (vs. alienable), unalienable
- usage: not capable of being violated or infringed; "infrangible human rights"
All rights reserved.
See also: inviolable (Dictionary)