WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. invasive (vs. noninvasive)
- usage: relating to a technique in which the body is entered by puncture or incision
- 2. invasive (vs. confined), aggressive, fast-growing(prenominal), strong-growing
- usage: marked by a tendency to spread especially into healthy tissue; "invasive cancer cells"
- 3. incursive, invading, invasive, offensive (vs. defensive)
- usage: involving invasion or aggressive attack; "invasive war"
- 4. encroaching(prenominal), invasive, trespassing(prenominal), intrusive (vs. unintrusive)
- usage: gradually intrusive without right or permission; "we moved back from the encroaching tide"; "invasive tourists"; "trespassing hunters"
All rights reserved.
See also: invasive (Dictionary)