WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intersection, intersection point, point of intersection, point
- usage: a point where lines intersect
- 2. intersection, crossroad, crossway, crossing, carrefour, junction
- usage: a junction where one street or road crosses another
- 3. intersection, set
- usage: a point or set of points common to two or more geometric configurations
- 4. intersection, product, Cartesian product, set
- usage: the set of elements common to two or more sets; "the set of red hats is the intersection of the set of hats and the set of red things"
- 5. overlap, convergence, intersection, representation, mental representation, internal representation
- usage: a representation of common ground between theories or phenomena; "there was no overlap between their proposals"
- 6. intersection, joining, connection, connexion
- usage: the act of intersecting (as joining by causing your path to intersect your target's path)
All rights reserved.
See also: intersection (Dictionary)