WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. break, interruption, disruption, gap, delay, holdup
- usage: an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity; "it was presented without commercial breaks"; "there was a gap in his account"
- 2. interruption, break, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: some abrupt occurrence that interrupts an ongoing activity; "the telephone is an annoying interruption"; "there was a break in the action when a player was hurt"
- 3. pause, intermission, break, interruption, suspension, time interval, interval
- usage: a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something
All rights reserved.
See also: interruption (Dictionary)