WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intervention, interference, foreign policy
- usage: a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries
- 2. hindrance, hinderance, interference, act, deed, human action, human activity
- usage: the act of hindering or obstructing or impeding
- 3. noise, interference, disturbance, trouble
- usage: electrical or acoustic activity that can disturb communication
- 4. interference, blocking, block
- usage: (American football) blocking a player's path with your body; "he ran interference for the quarterback"
- 5. hindrance, hinderance, hitch, preventive, preventative, encumbrance, incumbrance, interference, obstruction, obstructor, obstructer, impediment, impedimenta
- usage: any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome
All rights reserved.
See also: interference (Dictionary)