- 1. interdict, censure, animadversion
- usage: an ecclesiastical censure by the Roman Catholic Church withdrawing certain sacraments and Christian burial from a person or all persons in a particular district
- 2. interdict, interdiction, court order, prohibition, ban, proscription
- usage: a court order prohibiting a party from doing a certain activity
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. interdict, destroy, destruct
- usage: destroy by firepower, such as an enemy's line of communication
- 2. forbid, prohibit, interdict, proscribe, veto, disallow, nix, command, require
- usage: command against; "I forbid you to call me late at night"; "Mother vetoed the trip to the chocolate store"; "Dad nixed our plans"
All rights reserved.
See also: interdict (Dictionary)