WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. intend, mean, think
- usage: have in mind as a purpose; "I mean no harm"; "I only meant to help you"; "She didn't think to harm me"; "We thought to return early that night"
- 2. intend, destine, designate, specify, plan
- usage: design or destine; "She was intended to become the director"
- 3. mean, intend, convey
- usage: mean or intend to express or convey; "You never understand what I mean!"; "what do his words intend?"
- 4. mean, intend, signify, stand for
- usage: denote or connote; "`maison' means `house' in French"; "An example sentence would show what this word means"
All rights reserved.
See also: intend (Dictionary)