- 1. insurgent, insurrectionist, freedom fighter, rebel, revolutionist, revolutionary, subversive, subverter, reformer, reformist, crusader, social reformer, meliorist
- usage: a person who takes part in an armed rebellion against the constituted authority (especially in the hope of improving conditions)
- 2. guerrilla, guerilla, irregular, insurgent, warrior
- usage: a member of an irregular armed force that fights a stronger force by sabotage and harassment
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insurgent, seditious, subversive, disloyal (vs. loyal)
- usage: in opposition to a civil authority or government
All rights reserved.
See also: insurgent (Dictionary)