WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. insoluble (vs. soluble), indissoluble, water-insoluble, non-water-soluble
- usage: (of a substance) incapable of being dissolved
- 2. insoluble (vs. soluble), insolvable, unsoluble, unsolvable, unresolvable, inexplicable#1, incomprehensible
- usage: admitting of no solution or explanation; "an insoluble doubt"
- 3. insoluble, hopeless (vs. hopeful)
- usage: without hope of solution; "an insoluble problem"
All rights reserved.
See also: insoluble (Dictionary)