Synonyms of inquisitorial
- 1. inquisitorial (vs. accusatorial)
- usage: especially indicating a form of prosecution in which proceedings are secret and the accused is questioned by a prosecutor who acts also as the judge
- 2. inquisitorial, inquiring (vs. uninquiring)
- usage: marked by inquisitive interest; especially suggestive of an ecclesiastical inquisitor; "the press was inquisitorial to the point of antagonism"; "a practical police force with true inquisitorial talents"- Waldo Frank
- 3. inquisitorial, inquiring (vs. uninquiring)
- usage: having the authority to conduct official investigations; "the inquisitorial power of the Senate"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of inquisitorial (Dictionary)