- 1. questioning, inquiring, request, asking
- usage: a request for information
- 1. ask, inquire, enquire, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: inquire about; "I asked about their special today"; "He had to ask directions several times"
- 2. wonder, inquire, enquire, question, query
- usage: have a wish or desire to know something; "He wondered who had built this beautiful church"
- 3. investigate, inquire, enquire, probe, examine
- usage: conduct an inquiry or investigation of; "The district attorney's office investigated reports of possible irregularities"; "inquire into the disappearance of the rich old lady"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inquiring (vs. uninquiring), fact-finding, investigative, investigatory, inquisitive, inquisitorial, inquisitorial, inquisitory, probing, searching, curious
- usage: given to inquiry; "an inquiring mind"
All rights reserved.
See also: inquiring (Dictionary)