WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inject, shoot, administer, dispense
- usage: give an injection to; "We injected the glucose into the patient's vein"
- 2. inject, add
- usage: to introduce (a new aspect or element); "He injected new life into the performance"
- 3. inject, shoot, insert, enclose, inclose, stick in, put in, introduce
- usage: force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing; "inject hydrogen into the balloon"
- 4. inject, drug, do drugs
- usage: take by injection; "inject heroin"
- 5. inject, feed, give
- usage: feed intravenously
- 6. interject, come in, interpose, put in, throw in, inject, interrupt, disrupt, break up, cut off
- usage: to insert between other elements; "She interjected clever remarks"
All rights reserved.
See also: inject (Dictionary)