Synonyms of infrared
- 1. infrared, infrared frequency, frequency, frequence, oftenness
- usage: the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum; electromagnetic wave frequencies below the visible range; "they could sense radiation in the infrared"
- 2. infrared, infrared light, infrared radiation, infrared emission, actinic radiation, actinic ray
- usage: electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths longer than visible light but shorter than radio waves
- 1. infrared, invisible (vs. visible), unseeable
- usage: having or employing wavelengths longer than light but shorter than radio waves; lying outside the visible spectrum at its red end; "infrared radiation"; "infrared photography"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of infrared (Dictionary)