WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inflection, inflexion, grammatical relation
- usage: a change in the form of a word (usually by adding a suffix) to indicate a change in its grammatical function
- 2. prosody, inflection, manner of speaking, speech, delivery
- usage: the patterns of stress and intonation in a language
- 3. inflection, flection, flexion, deviation, divergence, departure, difference
- usage: deviation from a straight or normal course
- 4. modulation, inflection, manner of speaking, speech, delivery
- usage: a manner of speaking in which the loudness or pitch or tone of the voice is modified
All rights reserved.
See also: inflection (Dictionary)