WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inert, nonmoving (vs. moving), unmoving
- usage: unable to move or resist motion
- 2. inert, indifferent, neutral, unreactive (vs. reactive)
- usage: having only a limited ability to react chemically; chemically inactive; "inert matter"; "an indifferent chemical in a reaction"
- 3. inert, sluggish, soggy, torpid, inactive (vs. active)
- usage: slow and apathetic; "she was fat and inert"; "a sluggish worker"; "a mind grown torpid in old age"
All rights reserved.
See also: inert (Dictionary)