WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indulgent (vs. nonindulgent), decadent, effete, dissipated, betting, card-playing, sporting, epicurean, luxurious, luxuriant, sybaritic, voluptuary, voluptuous, gay, hedonic, hedonistic, epicurean, intemperate, hard, heavy, overindulgent, pampering(prenominal), self-indulgent, gluttonous
- usage: characterized by or given to yielding to the wishes of someone ; "indulgent grandparents"
- 2. indulgent, lenient, soft, permissive (vs. unpermissive)
- usage: tolerant or lenient; "indulgent parents risk spoiling their children"; "too soft on the children"; "they are soft on crime"
- 3. indulgent, favorable (vs. unfavorable), favourable
- usage: being favorably inclined; "an indulgent attitude"
All rights reserved.
See also: indulgent (Dictionary)