Synonyms of indulgence
- 1. indulgence, self-indulgence, indiscipline, undiscipline
- usage: an inability to resist the gratification of whims and desires
- 2. indulgence, lenience, leniency, permissiveness, tolerance
- usage: a disposition to yield to the wishes of someone; "too much indulgence spoils a child"
- 3. indulgence, indulging, pampering, humoring, gratification
- usage: the act of indulging or gratifying a desire
- 4. folly, foolery, tomfoolery, craziness, lunacy, indulgence, play, frolic, romp, gambol, caper
- usage: foolish or senseless behavior
- 5. indulgence, absolution, remission, remittal, remission of sin
- usage: the remission by the pope of the temporal punishment in purgatory that is still due for sins even after absolution; "in the Middle Ages the unrestricted sale of indulgences by pardoners became a widespread abuse"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of indulgence (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.