Synonyms of induction
- 1. initiation, induction, installation, ceremony, ceremonial, ceremonial occasion, observance
- usage: a formal entry into an organization or position or office; "his initiation into the club"; "he was ordered to report for induction into the army"; "he gave a speech as part of his installation into the hall of fame"
- 2. induction, inductance, electrical phenomenon
- usage: an electrical phenomenon whereby an electromotive force (EMF) is generated in a closed circuit by a change in the flow of current
- 3. generalization, generalisation, induction, inductive reasoning, colligation
- usage: reasoning from detailed facts to general principles
- 4. evocation, induction, elicitation, stimulation, stimulus, stimulant, input
- usage: stimulation that calls up (draws forth) a particular class of behaviors; "the elicitation of his testimony was not easy"
- 5. induction, introduction, debut, first appearance, launching, unveiling, entry
- usage: the act of bringing about something (especially at an early time); "the induction of an anesthetic state"
- 6. trigger, induction, initiation, causing, causation
- usage: an act that sets in motion some course of events
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of induction (Dictionary)