WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indication, indicant, communication
- usage: something that serves to indicate or suggest; "an indication of foul play"; "indications of strain"; "symptoms are the prime indicants of disease"
- 2. indication, denotation, naming
- usage: the act of indicating or pointing out by name
- 3. indication, reason
- usage: (medicine) a reason to prescribe a drug or perform a procedure; "the presence of bacterial infection was an indication for the use of antibiotics"
- 4. indication, advice
- usage: something (as a course of action) that is indicated as expedient or necessary; "there were indications that it was time to leave"
- 5. reading, meter reading, indication, datum, data point
- usage: a datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument; "he could not believe the meter reading"; "the barometer gave clear indications of an approaching storm"
All rights reserved.
See also: indication (Dictionary)