WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. incorrect (vs. correct), wrong (vs. right), erroneous, fallacious, false, mistaken, false, improper, inaccurate
- usage: not correct; not in conformity with fact or truth; "an incorrect calculation"; "the report in the paper is wrong"; "your information is wrong"; "the clock showed the wrong time"; "found themselves on the wrong road"; "based on the wrong assumptions"
- 2. wrong, incorrect, improper (vs. proper)
- usage: not in accord with established usage or procedure; "the wrong medicine"; "the wrong way to shuck clams"; "it is incorrect for a policeman to accept gifts"
- 3. incorrect, ungrammatical (vs. grammatical), ill-formed
- usage: (of a word or expression) not agreeing with grammatical principles
- 4. faulty, incorrect, wrong, inaccurate (vs. accurate)
- usage: characterized by errors; not agreeing with a model or not following established rules; "he submitted a faulty report"; "an incorrect transcription"; the wrong side of the road"
All rights reserved.
See also: incorrect (Dictionary)