WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. motivate, actuate, propel, move, prompt, incite, cause, do, make
- usage: give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career"
- 2. incite, instigate, set off, stir up, provoke, stimulate
- usage: provoke or stir up; "incite a riot"; "set off great unrest among the people"
- 3. prod, incite, egg on
- usage: urge on; cause to act; "The other children egged the boy on, but he did not want to throw the stone through the window"
All rights reserved.
See also: incite (Dictionary)