WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. implantation, nidation, organic process, biological process
- usage: (embryology) the organic process whereby a fertilized egg becomes implanted in the lining of the uterus of placental mammals
- 2. implantation, placement, location, locating, position, positioning, emplacement
- usage: the act of planting or setting in the ground
- 3. implantation, operation, surgery, surgical operation, surgical procedure, surgical process
- usage: a surgical procedure that places something in the human body; "the implantation of radioactive pellets in the prostate gland"
All rights reserved.
See also: implantation (Dictionary)