WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. immigrate, migrate, transmigrate
- usage: migrate to a new environment; "only few plants can immigrate to the island"
- 2. immigrate, bring in, introduce
- usage: introduce or send as immigrants; "Britain immigrated many colonists to America"
- 3. immigrate, migrate, transmigrate
- usage: come into a new country and change residency; "Many people immigrated at the beginning of the 20th century"
All rights reserved.
See also: immigrate (Dictionary)