WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ignorant, nescient, unlearned, unlettered, uneducated (vs. educated)
- usage: uneducated in general; lacking knowledge or sophistication; "an ignorant man"; "nescient of contemporary literature"; "an unlearned group incapable of understanding complex issues"; "exhibiting contempt for his unlettered companions"
- 2. ignorant, illiterate, uneducated (vs. educated)
- usage: uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field; "she is ignorant of quantum mechanics"; "he is musically illiterate"
- 3. ignorant, unknowledgeable, unknowing, unwitting, uninformed (vs. informed)
- usage: unaware because of a lack of relevant information or knowledge; "he was completely ignorant of the circumstances"; "an unknowledgeable assistant"; "his rudeness was unwitting"
All rights reserved.
See also: ignorant (Dictionary)