WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. idealism, philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory
- usage: (philosophy) the philosophical theory that ideas are the only reality
- 2. idealism, impracticality
- usage: impracticality by virtue of thinking of things in their ideal form rather than as they really are
- 3. high-mindedness, idealism, noble-mindedness, nobility, nobleness, magnanimousness, grandeur
- usage: elevated ideals or conduct; the quality of believing that ideals should be pursued
All rights reserved.
See also: idealism (Dictionary)