WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Hydra, mythical monster, mythical creature
- usage: (Greek mythology) monster with nine heads; when struck off each head was replaced by two new ones; "Hydra was slain by Hercules"
- 2. Hydra, Snake
- usage: a long faint constellation in the southern hemisphere near the equator stretching between Virgo and Cancer
- 3. hydra, trouble, problem
- usage: trouble that cannot be overcome by a single effort because of its many aspects or its persistent and pervasive quality; "we may be facing a hydra that defies any easy solution"
- 4. hydra, hydrozoan, hydroid
- usage: small tubular solitary freshwater hydrozoan polyp
All rights reserved.
See also: hydra (Dictionary)