- 1. hum, humming, noise
- usage: a humming noise; "the hum of distant traffic"
- 2. humming, singing, vocalizing
- usage: the act of singing with closed lips
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hum, sing
- usage: sing with closed lips; "She hummed a melody"
- 2. hum, buzz, seethe, be
- usage: be noisy with activity; "This office is buzzing with activity"
- 3. hum, thrum, sound, go
- usage: sound with a monotonous hum
- 4. hum, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a low continuous sound; "The refrigerator is humming"
All rights reserved.
See also: humming (Dictionary)