- 1. baloney, boloney, bilgewater, bosh, drool, humbug, taradiddle, tarradiddle, tommyrot, tosh, twaddle, nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum
- usage: pretentious or silly talk or writing
- 2. humbug, snake oil, misrepresentation, deceit, deception
- usage: communication (written or spoken) intended to deceive
- 3. fraud, fraudulence, dupery, hoax, humbug, put-on, trickery, chicanery, chicane, guile, wile, shenanigan
- usage: something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. humbug, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: trick or deceive
All rights reserved.
See also: humbug (Dictionary)