- 1. busyness, hum, action, activity, activeness
- usage: the state of being or appearing to be actively engaged in an activity; "they manifested all the busyness of a pack of beavers"; "there is a constant hum of military preparation"
- 2. Harkat-ul-Mujahidin, HUM, Harkat ul-Ansar, HUA, Harkat ul-Mujahedeen, Al Faran, Movement of Holy Warriors
- usage: an Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s; now operates as a terrorist organization primarily in Kashmir and seeks Kashmir's accession by Pakistan
- 3. hum, humming, noise
- usage: a humming noise; "the hum of distant traffic"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hum, sing
- usage: sing with closed lips; "She hummed a melody"
- 2. hum, buzz, seethe, be
- usage: be noisy with activity; "This office is buzzing with activity"
- 3. hum, thrum, sound, go
- usage: sound with a monotonous hum
- 4. hum, make noise, resound, noise
- usage: make a low continuous sound; "The refrigerator is humming"
All rights reserved.
See also: hum (Dictionary)