- 1. hull, husk
- usage: dry outer covering of a fruit or seed or nut
- 2. hull, calyx
- usage: persistent enlarged calyx at base of e.g. a strawberry or raspberry
- 3. Hull, Isaac Hull
- usage: United States naval officer who commanded the `Constitution' during the War of 1812 and won a series of brilliant victories against the British (1773-1843)
- 4. Hull, Cordell Hull
- usage: United States diplomat who did the groundwork for creating the United Nations (1871-1955)
- 5. Hull, Kingston-upon Hull
- usage: a large fishing port in northeastern England
- 6. hull, structure, construction
- usage: the frame or body of ship
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hull, remove, take, take away, withdraw
- usage: remove the hulls from; "hull the berries"
All rights reserved.
See also: hull (Dictionary)