- 1. housecleaning, reform
- usage: (figurative) the act of reforming by the removal of unwanted personnel or practices or conditions; "more housecleaning is in store at other accounting firms"; "many employees were discharged in a general housecleaning by the new owners"
- 2. housecleaning, cleaning, cleansing, cleanup
- usage: the act of cleaning the rooms and furnishings of a house; "efficient housecleaning should proceed one room at a time"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. houseclean, clean house, clean, tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten, straighten out, square away
- usage: clean and tidy up the house; "She housecleans every week"
All rights reserved.
See also: housecleaning (Dictionary)