WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hopper, receptacle
- usage: funnel-shaped receptacle; contents pass by gravity into a receptacle below
- 2. hopper, jumper
- usage: someone who hops; "at hopscotch, the best hoppers are the children"
- 3. hop-picker, hopper, machine
- usage: a machine used for picking hops
- 4. grasshopper, hopper, orthopterous insect, orthopteron, orthopteran
- usage: terrestrial plant-eating insect with hind legs adapted for leaping
- 5. grounder, ground ball, groundball, hopper, hit, hitting, striking
- usage: (baseball) a hit that travels along the ground
All rights reserved.
See also: hopper (Dictionary)