- 1. hoop, skeleton, skeletal frame, frame, underframe
- usage: a light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt
- 2. hoop, ring, band
- usage: a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling; "there was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse"
- 3. wicket, hoop, croquet equipment
- usage: a small arch used as croquet equipment
- 4. basket, basketball hoop, hoop, goal, basketball equipment
- usage: horizontal circular metal hoop supporting a net through which players try to throw the basketball
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hoop, gird, encircle
- usage: bind or fasten with a hoop; "hoop vats"
All rights reserved.
See also: hoop (Dictionary)