- 1. hood, hoodlum, goon, punk, thug, tough, toughie, strong-armer, criminal, felon, crook, outlaw, malefactor
- usage: an aggressive and violent young criminal
- 2. hood, cap, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: a protective covering that is part of a plant
- 3. hood, neighborhood, neighbourhood
- usage: (slang) a neighborhood
- 4. hood, lens hood, attachment
- usage: a tubular attachment used to keep stray light out of the lens of a camera
- 5. hood, covering
- usage: (falconry) a leather covering for a hawk's head
- 6. hood, exhaust hood, covering
- usage: metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes
- 7. hood, roof
- usage: the folding roof of a carriage
- 8. hood, headdress, headgear
- usage: a headdress that protects the head and face
- 9. hood, bonnet, cowl, cowling, protective covering, protective cover, protection
- usage: protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine; "there are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"; "the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine"
- 10. hood, external body part
- usage: (zoology) an expandable part or marking that resembles a hood on the head or neck of an animal
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hood, cover
- usage: cover with a hood; "The bandits were hooded"
All rights reserved.
See also: hood (Dictionary)