- 1. hiss, hissing, hushing, fizzle, sibilation, noise
- usage: a fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval); "the performers could not be heard over the hissing of the audience"
- 2. boo, hoot, Bronx cheer, hiss, raspberry, razzing, razz, snort, bird, cry, outcry, call, yell, shout, vociferation
- usage: a cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hiss, siss, sizz, sibilate, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make a sharp hissing sound, as if to show disapproval
- 2. hiss, whoosh, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move with a whooshing sound
- 3. hiss, sizz, siss, sibilate, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: express or utter with a hiss
- 4. boo, hiss, condemn
- usage: show displeasure, as after a performance or speech
All rights reserved.
See also: hiss (Dictionary)