- 1. hip, body part
- usage: either side of the body below the waist and above the thigh
- 2. pelvis, pelvic girdle, pelvic arch, hip, girdle
- usage: the structure of the vertebrate skeleton supporting the lower limbs in humans and the hind limbs or corresponding parts in other vertebrates
- 3. hip, hip joint, coxa, articulatio coxae, ball-and-socket joint, spheroid joint, cotyloid joint, enarthrodial joint, enarthrosis, articulatio spheroidea
- usage: the ball-and-socket joint between the head of the femur and the acetabulum
- 4. hip, exterior angle, external angle
- usage: (architecture) the exterior angle formed by the junction of a sloping side and a sloping end of a roof
- 5. hip, rose hip, rosehip, fruit
- usage: the fruit of a rose plant
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hep, hip, hip to(predicate), informed (vs. uninformed)
- usage: informed about the latest trends
All rights reserved.
See also: hip (Dictionary)