- 1. hijack, highjack, crime, offense, criminal offense, criminal offence, offence, law-breaking
- usage: seizure of a vehicle in transit either to rob it or divert it to an alternate destination
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. commandeer, hijack, highjack, pirate, seize
- usage: take arbitrarily or by force; "The Cubans commandeered the plane and flew it to Miami"
- 2. hijack, assume, usurp, seize, take over, arrogate
- usage: seize control of; "they hijacked the judicial process"
All rights reserved.
See also: hijack (Dictionary)