WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hertz, Hz, cycle per second, cycles/second, cps, cycle, rate
- usage: the unit of frequency; one hertz has a periodic interval of one second
- 2. Hertz, Heinrich Hertz, Heinrich Rudolph Hertz
- usage: German physicist who was the first to produce electromagnetic waves artificially (1857-1894)
- 3. Hertz, Gustav Hertz, Gustav Ludwig Hertz
- usage: German physicist who with James Franck proved the existence of the stationary energy states postulated by Bohr (1887-1975)
All rights reserved.
See also: hertz (Dictionary)